Simple, easy to update website
Storm Air Conditioning is a local business in Waterlooville that services and maintains HVAC solutions throughout Hampshire, UK.
After speaking with the business owners it was decided that a simple, clean and easy to maintain website was the way to build this project with a view of adding many more features in the future.
A mock up was created for the client – We was provided with company colours as well as logos to get the build moving.
The new site for Spidrweb needed the following features:
- Simple home page
- About page
- Contact page
- Usual legal pages (Privacy / terms etc)
So after the initial design was signed off, we started building the theme using the WordPress full site editor alongside the Gutenberg plugin.
As the site is fairly simple, a custom theme is certainly the way to go here. No need for bloated page builders.
Our development platform is a Docker solution with WordPress instances. This allows us to quickly spin up test environments.
VSCode is our weapon of choice when writing HTML, PHP, CSS, JS etc.
Only one plugin is used in development and that is the official Gutenberg plugin. The Gutenberg plugin gives extra functionality that is not available to WordPress core.
And thats pretty much all you need for developing a custom theme.
Theres only a handful of plugins used on this site. When it comes to having a fast and lean website you do not need much.
- Gutenberg – This gives us the extra features that WordPress core doesnt have (yet).
- Contact Form 7 – Just a simple contact form – nothing else needed at this stage.
- WPCode – Insert headers & footers – Just for inserting some analytics and tracking.
- Spidrweb WPaaS worker – This is our plugin for remotely managing and monitoring the site.
With no optimisations – The site scores 86 on mobile and 98 on destop.
Maybe you need a new website like StormAC?
Why not get in touch!